Genius Hour with Isaac: Intro

Welcome to my first Genius Hour blog post. My name is Isaac and I am in junior high. I go to school in edmonton. I like learning new things although I’m not always very excited about actually working on them. Some of my favorite things are sports and games, especially video games.

For my first Genius Hour project I am going to learn how to code. My final project will be to create a small 2d platformer game. I have done lot’s of block based coding like the ones where you have to clip together commands to make robots move. I am going to learn how to do text based coding as well. I have always been interested in coding and other computer sciences but I really wanted to start when I saw a post on newsela, which is linked below, about a young girl who made a board game that teaches kids the basics of coding. I am going to start by learning how to code in python and depending on how long it takes I may learn JavaScript as well.

https://newsela.com/read/kid-inventor-makes-coding-board-game/id/2001018848/

2 thoughts on “Genius Hour with Isaac: Intro”

1. Hi, Isaac! I think coding sounds fun! It sounds like it takes a lot of hard work to do. Although I don’t know what a platformer game is, I’m excited to see it. Good luck!